Friday, September 12, 2014

My Very First Post.....this is weird

So this is new. My very first post as a blogger. I've wanted to be a blogger for sometime now. I would try something out and it just never seemed to work out the way I wanted it to. I don't necessarily have a specific theme or topic in mind yet. I really wanted to use this blog as a tool to get all the jumbled up mess out of my head. I'm usually a very positive person, because I like to see the positives in the negatives so I figured why not give my positiveness back to the world. I love to laugh, and make people laugh and I love that I'm a weirdo. Hence, how I came up with the name "Quirky Mom Life". If I asked a few people to describe me, the first thing they usually say is quirky. Yah...that's me. 

Let me start off by introducing myself. I'm Staci. I am a 27 year old momma of two amazing, psychotic sons named Travis and Owen. Travis is 8 (OMG!!) and Owen is 4 (OMGx2!!!!). I am happily and crazily married to my pain in the rear end husband, Zach. We have been together for 10 years and married for 9 years. We live in the quaint town of Shelby, Indiana. We recently just moved out into the country and we love it! 

I am a birth and postpartum doula. So you will probably see me post a lot about birth and pregnancy. Between the years of 2007 and 2009 I had 3 miscarriages and one in 2004. Needless to say, this hard time in my life has made me very passionate about my job. I am currently enrolled at Purdue Calumet in Hammond, Indiana, as well. My major course of study is Elementary/Special Education with a minor in psychology. Also, I have a certificate in therapeutic massage and bodywork. I suppose you could say I wear many hats...mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, granddaughter, aunt, niece, doula, teacher, counselor, massage therapist, fan girl, and now blogger. 

One of my favorite hobbies is reading. I can read just about anything and not get bored with it. Currently I am reading "If I Stay" and it is AMAZEBALLS! After having children I became obsessed with movies. I am a TwiHard to the fullest and a PotterHead. I love love love The Hunger Games series, Divergent, anything by John Green, The Mortal Instruments etc. There are just too many for me to name. I am a tv series junkie, as well. My current tv loves are American Horror Story and New Girl. But, I am fond of The Walking Dead, Shameless, True Blood and House. 

I think that is enough about me for right now. As, I create and mold my blog you will get to know more about me and I hope that I will have followers who are just like me. A little fun, a little loud and a little quirky. 

Staci 


2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you, Staci!! Welcome to the blogging world! :D It sounds like you keep super busy -- it should be super fun to follow you. It sounds like your blog will reflect how interesting your life must be. ;)

    P.S. I prefer the country too. We are in suburbia right now (in my opinion), but one day, we will find our way back to the country. THAT is the life! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am super busy! So I take my quiet time very seriously haha. My days get a little chaotic and I am hoping this blog with help make sense of it all. We lived in another small town before here. We just moved here a month ago. Before we lived in a small 2 bedroom apartment and there were always people, and cars, and noise. There is no noise here and it is beyond calming. Plus, I love that I can see all of the stars

      Delete